Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Scarlett & Stephen’s Wedding Photography Workshop: Review

So last Wednesday I got to attend the amazing Scarlett & Stephen Knuth’s wedding photography workshop. The workshop was hosted at Paul Ernest’s home in McKinney, Texas for the business portion of the class and then we went to historic downtown McKinney for the shooting portion of the class. The workshop was overall amazing!!! We learned how to do better in-person sales, anything & everything you need to know about SEO and how to increase your SEO (Stephen gave some great tips that I would have never thought of or found online if I didn’t go to this workshop!). We also learned how to achieve a fast album design with SWAT designer (Scarlett & Stephen showed a live demo of this and let’s just say I’m sold lol), as well as how to get published, different posing techniques, and much more! They even gave us some great recommendations on different kinds of equipment to get that isn’t necessarily brand name but it’s cheaper and better!
When we went out for the shooting part of the day, it unfortunately started raining, but Scarlett & Stephen still showed us how to rock it out even when the weather conditions aren’t exactly ideal. Near the end of the workshop, The Edmonson’s (who are one of the best wedding photographers in the world!!) stopped by and it basically turned into a Scarlett & Stephen/Edmonson’s/Paul Ernest workshop!! It was incredibly awesome to get advice from so many people that I admire and aspire to be like!! I may have even gotten kissed (on the cheek) by the Edmonson’s themselves! ;)
Scarlett & Stephen partnered with some great companies for this workshop that included: Kiss Albums, ActionRunner, Shootsac, ProPhoto, Shoot Q, PWD Labs, and Two Bright Lights. Everyone went home with some great discounts from these partners including 4 free months of Shoot Q!! Super excited to start using that! Along with these awesome discounts they also gave away a few prizes and I’m beyond happy to say that I was one of the lucky few who won!! I like to think I won the grand prize because it’s the one I wanted and NEEDED the most!! So I’m happy and excited to announce that I won a free website from ProPhoto blogs!!!!! That’s right, pretty soon I will be moving this blog over to my brand new more SEO compatible website! :)
I also left the workshop with a few new friends in the photo community and I’m excited to keep in touch with them! Overall, the workshop was incredible & probably one of the best investments I’ve made!! Or rather my mother made lol. If you’re a photographer and you get the opportunity to go to a Scarlett & Stephen Workshop, do not hesitate!! You won’t regret it!
Here is a picture of all of us at the workshop!

More pictures from the workshop to come soon!! Happy Wednesday! :)


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment