Thursday, March 22, 2012

Colorado & The Fix Part 1

I know I’m a little late on this, but this past week has been surprisingly crazy busy. So anyways, here it goes. This past weekend was our road trip to Denver, Colorado to see Jasmine Star in her tour of The Fix. My hubby completely surprised me with this trip after knowing how upset I was that I couldn’t go to her one here in Dallas. Colorado was so much fun and Jasmine was definitely worth the trip up there! :) We left on Thursday afternoon and stayed in a little town called Dumas, Texas, which is about 6 hours from DFW. We then got up bright and early the next morning to finish the drive to Denver. Along the way, we stopped at the Capulin Volcano National Monument in New Mexico and climbed to the top. (You know, your normal road trip rest stop lol) Luckily we made it to our hotel, The Ritz, holler! ;) With literally 2 hours to spare till the event started.
The Fix was held at the Artwork Network in Denver, which was nice minus the fact that there was nowhere to park, but we won’t get into that little stressful moment lol. Anyways, Jasmine gave an amazing 1 hour presentation over struggle, change, and making friends along the way. It was a very powerful presentation. Jasmine made me laugh, cry, and realize that I am not alone. The presentation was followed by some brief Q&A and then a reading from her book, Exposed. It was a great night with free drinks, and at the end I got to go up and meet her and have her sign my copy of Exposed. (I was beyond nervous! Lol) Oh, and for those of you who don’t know, this was my first ever photography event!! I was so nervous about it, but everyone was so nice and I made a bunch of new friends in the industry! :) Too bad they live 14 hours away. :(

Any who, tomorrow I will be posting part 2 of this post. I will also finally be announcing the exciting news I talked about a couple of post ago! So stay tuned for that! :)

Below are some pictures from the road trip as well as some pictures & a video from The Fix. Enjoy!
View from the top of the Capulin Volcano.
Some cows with the Capulin Volcano in the background.
A River of Lava Turned to Stone...
The long road ahead...
Jasmine Star speaking :)

Jasmine Star reading a page from her book.

Below are pictures of me meeting Jasmine. Both pictures were taken by Jasmine's Fix crew. You can view the rest of the images from this event HERE.



And finally, below is a video of me actually meeting Jasmine Star!! Shot by my wonderful husband, Daniel. :) I think you can tell how nervous I was lol.



 

Happy Thursday! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment