Friday, March 30, 2012

Leslie Spurlock’s Workshop Part 1

So I may actually need to split this post up into three parts, because one of the brides I photographed at the workshop isn’t actually married yet and won’t be until April 14th. So out of respect for her, I won’t be posting her pictures until after that date. Anyways, the two day workshop with Leslie was amazing and I learned so much! The first day was all about shooting, which is what part 1 of this post will be about and the second day was all about editing and the business stuff which will be in part 2.

Day 1 of the workshop was located at The Trinity Institute in Tehuacana, TX. This place is amazingly beautiful and so much fun to shoot! The 6 hours we spent there just wasn’t enough! There were so many other spots in that one location that I could of shot! Anyways, there are so many things I learned from Leslie in just that one day alone but the main things I took away were:

1.       How to use off camera flash

2.       How to shoot in the middle of the day & where to find the best light, and..

3.       Normally I overexpose my images and she taught me when & how to underexpose my images to give them a different look & feel.

 Below are some of the pictures I took at the workshop. You can see more on my Facebook page.  There were 2 brides and 1 boudoir session. However, like I mentioned I will only be posting one of the bride’s pictures until after April 14th and I won’t be posting too many of the boudoir, because I’m mainly interested in photographing weddings, brides, and engagements.












Stay tuned for part 2 & 3! And have a great weekend! :)



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment