Thursday, March 1, 2012

Update

Happy March 1, 2012 everybody! I know it’s been a little while since I last posted, I ideally like to try and post twice a week, but there hasn’t been too much going on with me in the photography world. My main focus right now is finishing school. However, I’ve been looking for any opportunity (that doesn’t conflict with my classes) to build my portfolio, expand my knowledge on photography, and find time to work on my business plan. Last night Jasmine Star came to Dallas for her tour of The Fix, and I unfortunately wasn’t able to attend because I had my 3 hour night class, which ironically was Business Ethics so it wouldn’t have been very ethical of me to miss it now would it? Lol Anyways, since I wasn’t able to go, I did purchase one of Jasmine Star’s CreativeLIVE videos yesterday entitled “BuildingYour Wedding Photography Business.” I can’t wait to sit down and start watching it! I also purchased yesterday an eBook from Photography Concentrate called Simple Wedding Photography by Lauren Lim. This eBook is 201 pages of awesome with 6 worksheet bonuses and a video commentary on album design. I have only skimmed through it but I will definitely let y’all know what I think when I’m finished. :)

A few other things happening…

A couple of weekends ago, Daniel and I went to an antique mall in downtown Fort Worth and came home with another old camera! Nothing fancy, I just thought it looked really cute so Daniel got it for me. He’s so sweet! :) Anyways, it’s an Imperial Mark XII Flash in green. Picture below:


Last weekend I watched SandyPuc’s Bellies and Babies on CreativeLIVE. Even though my main focus is wedding photography, I am also interested/curious about newborn photography. It was a great workshop and I learned a lot! Sandy was so generous in giving away tons of freebies to everyone watching. This weekend I will be watching another CreativeLIVE workshop called Glamour photography with Sue Bryce. I am super excited for this one because Sue knows how to pose ever type of woman to make them look absolutely gorgeous! Hopefully I can learn some of her tricks! If you’re a photographer who would like to watch this workshop as well, it starts tomorrow at 11am central. You can click this link to watch live.
I have a couple other really exciting things lined up within the next couple of months, but for right now they’re a secret until they are confirmed. But I can’t wait to share the exciting news with everyone!!! :) So be sure to keep coming back to get the scoop!
That’s it for today. Until next time, Happy Thursday!


Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment: