Friday, May 25, 2012

My Birthday Week + The Expodisc

As some of you may know, this past Monday was my birthday!! Unfortunately, I had to spend the day working, but my wonderful husband and family treated me to a fun filled weekend that included Sprinkles Cupcakes, La Duni, Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, and an awesome new toy for my camera! :) As my birthday present, Daniel got me the Expodisc custom white balance tool!! I have wanted this thing ever since Zach & Jody Gray introduced me to it back in January at their CreativeLIVE workshop. I’m so excited to finally have one and put it to use!

I took this picture using the expodisc :)

For those of you, who are unfamiliar about what white balance is, check out this article. They give a great explanation of the subject better than I probably could.

To give you an example of what the expodisc does, here is the exact same picture from above, only without me using the expodisc.

The first one looks a lot better doesn’t it? lol


If you're wondering how I made my images look good before, the answer is hours in either Lightroom or Photoshop. But hopefully with this tool that time will be cut in half! :)

Well, I have a busy weekend ahead of me that includes going to watch the Crowne Plaza Invitational at The Colonial on Saturday and I’m second shooting my first wedding for Shayla J Photography on Sunday! So excited! :)

That’s it for today, Happy Friday!!


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment