Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Facing Fears & Putting Myself Out There

I was planning on posting part 2 of my experience at Leslie Spurlock’s Workshop today, but I did something this past weekend that I never thought in a million years I would do. I submitted a video of myself auditioning to be one of the lucky 6 people who get to attend Jasmine Star’s CreativeLIVE workshop in Seattle entitled,  The Making + Marketing of an Editorial Wedding! So I decided to blog about this big/exciting/nerve-racking news instead lol.

When I first found out in February that Jasmine was coming back to CreativeLIVE to do her third online workshop, I was beyond excited. My good friend, Mercy Nompone, immediately called telling me that she would be happy to help me make a video to submit for consideration. She was extremely surprised when I told her that I wasn’t planning on submitting and to be honest, I was too. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to be considered but that I was too scared to put myself out there. However, when I found out that we were going on a road trip to Denver to see Jasmine at The Fix, I came up with the idea that we should record our trip and possibly use whatever footage we get to submit to be on CreativeLIVE.

So I called Mercy to tell her my idea and see if she would still be willing to help me put it together. She thought the concept was great and agreed to help with the editing. Long story short, when we got home from our trip with the video footage, I seriously considered forgetting about the whole thing and not finishing the video. However, I quickly came to my senses and decided to just go for it! Unfortunately, I just found out this morning that I didn’t get picked. But that’s ok, I’m still proud of myself for at attempting it and I will still be watching her live on April 27-29th! :) If your friends with me on Facebook, I know you’ve probably already seen this video, but for those who aren’t, here’s the video I submitted:





That's all for today. Have a happy Wednesday! :)



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment