Friday, April 6, 2012

Leslie Spurlock’s Workshop Part 2

First off, I want to say Happy Good Friday to everyone! Today is the day we remember the death of our savior, Jesus Christ, who died for our sins. And if you’re Catholic, like I partially am, then this also means no meat today! Why is it so much harder when I’m told I can’t!?lol


Anyways, I posted a week ago part 1 of my experience at Leslie Spurlock’s Workshop in March and today I’m finally posting part 2. As I mentioned in the first post, this will actually be split into 3 parts because one of the brides isn’t getting married until next weekend and out of respect for her, I’m waiting until after the wedding to post her bridals.

So the second day of the workshop was all about editing and the business side of photography. We mainly worked in Lightroom but used Photoshop for textures. Anyways, Leslie gave us her set of presets for Lightroom which is awesome! And I would have to say my favorite new tools that I learned to use in Lightroom are the gradient tool and the magic brush tool. It was a halleluiah moment lol! As for the business part of it, I am getting a business degree, so I pretty much know all of that stuff already, but it was great hearing it specifically relate to photography. The business side was taught by Maria Leinen of Maria Leinen Photography and let me tell you, I’m really picky when it comes to photographers teaching the business side of things, mainly because they only tell you one part of it or don’t give you all the correct options, but Maria really knew her stuff!! I was VERY impressed!! She also gave us some great information about SEO and websites that I was not familiar with before.

Overall, this workshop was amazing! I can’t tell you which day I enjoyed more because they were both just packed with information! I also enjoyed meeting and connecting with some other great photographers that I hope to stay in touch with! With all that said, I can’t wait to go to my next workshop!! I have a feeling that I won’t have to wait too long though! ;) Below is a picture I took on day 2 of the workshop with my camera phone. And no, I didn’t edit this picture.


In some other related news, I made my first money from my work as a photographer! Last week, another photographer contacted me about purchasing one of my prints and I sold them a High Res copy!! I am still unbelievable flattered! :)

Well, that’s it for today. Until next time, have a Happy Easter Weekend!!


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment